Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!!

First off, I hope everyone had a great holiday and remembered to take a moment to take a moment to thank those that have served in the military, as well as taken time to think about those that sacrificed their lives so that we could live in "the land of the free and the brave". It is definitely good timing on the holiday front as folks need a break for work, but I think it is also important to remember what the holiday is all about! OK - now that I am off my soapbox {smile}, I wanted to recall our day!

First, we all got up for breakfast. Last night, Brad and I changed around the furniture in our kitchen, den, and sunroom. Since we decided we wanted to move our real kitchen table back into the kitchen, Katie is now sitting in a booster seat at the real table! (we just took the back off her highchair so that it is now a booster seat)
She thought it was hot stuff sitting at the table! She loved looking at her Elmo book!

Cee Cee came over and showed Katie how to use her easel! I bought some washable dry erase markers, so that is what they used!

Katie loved doing art with Cee Cee!!

She was quite impressed with the new markers!

Such a cutie (and, of course, she knows it)!!

Cee Cee also showed Katie the chalkboard side of the easel!!

And then this evening we went over to some friends' house for a cookout! Katie was definitely looking like a cool dude on the way over there.

Katie also loved sitting in their office chair!

We were playing the "Happy, Sad" game - where we make happy faces and then sad faces so that Katie learns the difference. This was her transition into her happy face!

And then our friend pushed Katie all over their house in the chair. And of course Katie loved every minute of it! I really have never heard her laugh that hard!And I tried to take a self-portrait, but Katie would have none of it! I went to the pool with some friends while Katie napped (Brad was at home with her) and think I got a good bit of sun!


HELLO, SUMMER!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment