Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!

Happy Mother's Day!

"The angels, whispering to one another, can find, among their burning terms of love, none so devotional as that of 'Mother.'" ~Edgar Allan Poe

moth'-er: (n) a female or thing that creates, nurtures, protects, etc something

I woke up this morning to cards and gift cards on my nightstand. Definitely a sweet thought. But what really made my day, within just minutes of waking up, was Brad getting Katie up (definitely a real treat) and overhearing (on the monitor) him teaching her to say Happy Mother's Day! And then, after getting dressed for church, she ran into the room yelling Mommmeeeeeeeee. {L-O-V-E} Katie is what makes me be able to celebrate mother's day - and I am the luckiest momma in the world to call her mine.

On a different note, I have a wonderful mom, a great mother-in-law, and am lucky to have both of my grandmothers to celebrate with as well! We will celebrate with family this afternoon at the park with a picnic and some playtime. Sounds pretty perfect to me!

Happy Mother's Day to all you mommas. Enjoy this day and be sure to give those kiddos an extra special snuggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment