Monday, May 16, 2011

What A Find: Yard Sale Edition

Not too long ago, our neighborhood had the biannual yard sale! I was so excited - I couldn't wait to see what I could find! I didn't think, for a second, that I wanted to take part in selling goods. My friend and I did that about a year and a half ago - man, is that a lot of work! And I am pretty sure you get a better deal from the tax writeoff after donating to a charity than working your butt off and making 1/10 of what it is worth. Anyway, I think I had a pretty successful trip! I took a few pictures of my favorite items....

Katie's Christmas dress for this year: $10
Here is a closeup of the smocking. Isn't that adorable?!

At another one of my stops, there were some women selling vintage aprons. I was thrilled! I love aprons - even though I always forget to wear one when I am cooking! And they really wanted to get rid of them, too. I was just going to buy two of them (at only $4 each!), but they told me to go on and pick out two more - so I got FOUR vintage aprons for a total of $8 - only $2 each! I also bought some scrap material to use for a wreath one day. A new post to come on that, but I think I am obsessed with making wreaths! Here are the other 3 aprons:





So I bought these 5 items, plus the scrap fabric. I also got a pair of pajamas and a jacket for Katie, a bag full of play kitchen food, and a tic-tac-toe game with beanbags! In total, I got all of this for $28. I was pretty thrilled with that haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment