Sunday, May 1, 2011

Resolution Recap: April

I can't believe it is already the beginning of May! Here is my resolution recap for the month of April:
1) Read 14 books: Still working on this - I have read 3. I've got some work to do!
2) Learn to sew: Negative. I am determined to do that...maybe this summer?
3) Cook more frequently: Doing better on this! I have torn out a lot of new recipes from different magazines to try - more to come on those (hopefully) yummy meals!
4) Read the Bible everyday and all the way through: Doing well on this! I am slightly behind, but I plan to catch up and finish by the end of this year.
5) Use treadmill/work out 4 times a week: Not doing as well as I'd like on this one - I am making an effort though!
6) Use coupons when I shop: Doing alright with this. I am running out of all the staples I had stockpiled, so it is most definitely time to get back on this bandwagon! We opened our last container of dishwasher detergent yesterday. I had to buy more toilet paper yesterday. Definitely time to amp this up again!
7) De-clutter & simplify: I have a box in my closet to throw a bunch of things into. With all of the devastation all over the south with the recent tornadoes, I plan to do a huge closet overhaul for us (and other spaces as well) and donate a bunch of items!
8) Find a Sunday school class at church: We will start trying this month!
9) Buy fresh flowers once/month: After the conference I coordinated, one of my planning committee members sent me flowers as a thank you! I thought that was such a nice gesture! Here is the picture of them - a breath of springtime in my kitchen!
10) Have a date night with Brad once/month: Check! We went to dinner together at one of my favorite restaurants - it was delicious! We then hung out with some friends that night. I love date nights for sure. (Thanks, Grandma, for watching Katie!!)
11) Send 2 hand-written notes per month: I am not sure I did that this month. I did, however, send out all the invites to Katie's party....does that count?? :)
12) Have another baby: I wish I had news on this front - still working.
13) Use more eco-friendly cleaners: Doing nicely with this. I want to use everything we have first, but I am trying to throw some "green" cleaners in there!
14) Have "structured learning time" everyday: I think I am too busy. Gosh! But we do read everyday. And sing songs. And do the alphabet. And count. I need to go through some books I have with new ideas for crafts, projects, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment