Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Zoo Trip

As I may have mentioned before, we got a membership to the zoo in our local city so that we could go whenever we wanted and not feel pressured to stay the whole day to get our money's worth. Katie loves it! The monkeys were very active and loud and the elephants were SO close to the area where you stop to look at them! I took the stroller with us on this particular adventure, but I think next time, we will be taking the wagon - she may be more likely to want to sit in there for longer! We went early in the day so we could beat the heat - thank goodness we did - it ended up being a scorcher!

Here is one of the elephants!
Katie looking at the ducks swimming

Katie loves the flamingos!

And of course the petting zoo - she loves brushing the goats!

I just love this picture! So glad she loves the zoo!

And we had to stop for a pretzel and juice box break - so cute.

On our way out, we saw a mommy and daddy goose with all their babies! Katie thought that was so neat - maybe she liked it because they were out walking around instead of behind a fence or gate!

And lastly, a mommy-daughter picture when we got home and were about to eat lunch! What a fun day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley!

    Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! I love knowing that I have people reading that truly understand what I'm going through. My vlogs don't usually get too many comments, so I really appreciate yours!

    Your daughter is absolutely adorable. In fact, she's so cute that I had to show my husband what a pretty baby she is :-). Of course, he didn't really care, but I couldn't help myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love going to the zoo! I wish we had one closer so we could go more often.

    ReplyDelete