Friday, September 30, 2011

Foodie Friday: BLT & Butter Basted Potatoes

 It's FRIDAY! Which means it is time for Foodie Friday! I was planning to cook a great meal last night, but I wasn't home in time to cook, so that will have to wait until next week!  So, today's feature meal is something that is super easy - and it was so yum!  We had BLTs and Butter Basted Potatoes.  Brad cooked the bacon (we use Center Cut bacon - it is on the healthier side and tastes so good!) and I sliced the tomatoes (got those at the Farmer's Market last weekend).  We toasted some bread, threw on some low fat mayo, and then assembled the ingredients.  Brad was living on the wild side and even added cheese to his!
 And I know I've already listed Butter Basted Potatoes HERE, but they were so good that I thought I'd make them again!  And they did not dissappoint. 
 It was such a simple meal, but it was great!  I wanted to show a picture of Brad helping out in the kitchen - here is Bacon Cook Extraordinaire!
 And the finished product:
 And our yummy homegrown tomatoes! ...
Hopefully next week I will be able to list a great new recipe!  I hope you guys have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment