This post is a little late, but better late than never, right?? And it's always a good review for me...
1) Read 14 books: I am making progress! Labor Day Weekend allowed me to make major progress on this one. I think I have completed 8 books so far. My current work-in-progress is this:
2) Learn to sew: I have LOTS of cute fabrics that I want to do something with. And I have borrowed a sewing machine from a friend. Now, I just need to put it on a table and give it a try. The worst thing that happens is I don't get it right the first time and need a seam ripper. Does anyone have any good websites or blogs to get ideas for a beginner's project? I was thinking of trying to do a pillowcase dress, but I may need something even more "beginner" than that!
3) Cook more frequently: Doing MUCH better on this! Doing the meal share with our neighbors definitely helps, and then posting about it on Foodie Fridays holds me even more accountable. I definitely spend a little bit more at the store, but if we ate out each night, we'd be spending even more!
4) Read the Bible everyday and read it all the way through: I definitely read passages everyday but have yet to get back into my daily reading assignments. I really must do better at that this month.
5) Use treadmill/work out at least 4 times/week: Doing better at this too! Since Katie is back in MDO, I make it a point to run or use the treadmill on those days. And then I try to go by my mom's on another day and let her do art projects with Katie for me to run in her neighborhood. I can run 1.3 miles without stopping - I consider that a huge feat! Now if I can just get past that and add to it :)
6) Use coupons when I shop: If there are coupons for the items I need at the store for the recipes in my meal plan, I definitely use them. And when meal planning, I try to use what we have on hand. With that said, I find it hard to meal plan and find recipes and also use coupons. But I need to get back into the drugstore couponing for toiletries, cleaning products, etc!
7) De-clutter & simplify: I haven't done so well at that this month. In fact, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by all our stuff. We are coming up on living in this house for one year (can it be possible?!) and we have definitely accumulated a LOT of crap! I need to use a day when Katie is at MDO and just go through different closets and have a big Goodwill box, a trash bag, and methods of organization ready to go!
8) Find a Sunday school class at church: Ugh. We all want to. I mentioned to Brad that maybe tomorrow we could go. Hoping we can get up early and give it a go!
9) Buy fresh flowers once/month: I made up for not having any around in July - we had two different bunches this month! Our neighbor's parents came to town and they brought these beauties! They actually raise these and have won a bunch of awards! LOVE them!
And then my friend came over for dinner one night and brought us these flowers. I love sunflowers, and I think the hydrangea combo is just perfect!
10) Have a date night with Brad at least once/month: Hm. I think we did that. I know we went to a Titans pre-season game. I think that counts :)
11) Send 2 hand-written notes per month: I'm not so sure I did this. So that means I need to do 6 this month to catch up for July and August!
12) Have another baby: Ugh. Nope. But I do have a new plan. And it doesn't include injectables anymore. Hoping it works!
13) Use more eco-friendly cleaners: Still doing about the same. So yes on some and also working on using up all the other ones we have purchased. I also have yet to use my floor steam cleaner (gasp!). Even after all of that research I put into it - I am happy with the purchase and am sure I will be even more excited once I actually use it. I need to do that at least once a month (if not more often) to sanitize and clean!
14) Have structured learning time each day: Potty training has still taken the forefront of this. We have lots of panties. And some books about being a big girl and using the potty. And potty treats. And a doll that drinks and goes potty. I just need to pull the trigger and go cold turkey with stopping the diapers - except maybe at naptime/bedtime. Hoping we can get this going soon. I think, rather than the little potties, I want to get the big potty inserts so that we don't have to have another habit to break. We shall see.
How are you doing with your resolutions this year? I can't believe we only have a few more months of 2011 left...then it is time for more resolutions!