Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fun Afternoon

This afternoon was just one of those really good, fun afternoons where everything just works.  I love it when that happens!  I was so productive while Katie was at Mother's Day out, and then I picked her up.  She, of course, did not sleep while she was there, so I had thought about just taking her home and letting her sleep.  But as I was driving, I changed my mind -  I decided we should enjoy the gorgeous afternoon.  So instead of going home, we went to the local animal adoption place.  We have gone one time before to visit the doggies and kitties - Katie loves it!  They, of course, are all in their cages/runs, but Katie likes to visit them.  This picture was taken outside of there before we left!  Not the best quality because it was on my phone, but it will do.
After we left there, I had to go get a renewal sticker for my car tags, so we headed to do that - and Katie was just perfect!  Of course, since it is near the end of the month, there was definitely a line, but Katie did great.  I had a Groupon that expired the end of this week for Ben & Jerry's so we headed there next for some ice cream - what a treat!  I love taking Katie for ice cream...especially when it is just the two of us.  It is amazing how "grown up" she is acting these days - I dropped the paper from my cone and she got up and walked around the table to pick it up for me.  And then when she was finished, she got up and looked for the trash can to throw away her things.  Amazing!  After that, we headed home and went on a walk with my friend Ashley and her little lady.  Pushing Katie in the jog stroller up hills is definitely work! Whew!  When we got back from that, we headed next door for dinner with our neighbors - so fun!  Brad had a softball game tonight, so it was just us girls headed over there.  The menu was pork tenderloin on the grill, mashed potatoes, and cheesy broccoli - YUM!  Katie and Stella just love playing together ... I love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment