Friday, January 18, 2013

Foodie Friday: YUM!

It has been a LOOOONG time since I've done a Foodie Friday post! Heck!  It has been a looooong time since I've done a menu plan and cooking!  I guess having a 3 year old and young baby will do that.  Anyway, I am so glad I made a menu plan for this week - it was so fun to try these new recipes (thanks, Pinterest!!) and cook and eat at home!  Here is what our week looked like...

Monday: Baked Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken, Au Gratin Potatoes (Betty Crocker), and Cheesy Broccoli (one of those steamer bags from the frozen food section)
What a delicious meal!  The chicken was tender and had great flavor!  And then who can go wrong with au gratin potatoes, cheesy broccoli, and Hawaiian rolls :)  Go {here} for the chicken recipe!

 Tuesday: Sandwiches/Leftovers

Wednesday: Cilantro Lime Chicken Rice Bake
 This meal was pretty involved (note: do not make if you want a quick, easy meal), but man, was it worth it!  Our neighbors came over to eat with us and there weren't any leftovers!!!  It was delicious!  I forgot to get a picture of the creamy sauce to put on top of it, but it is quite similar to Chuy's Creamy Jalapeno sauce - YUM!  Go {here} for the recipe!
Look at all of those dirty dishes!  Definitely a sign of a good meal...and since I cooked, Brad got to clean all of those :)  He said it was worth it though!

 Thursday: Cream Cheese Sausage Pinwheels and Scrambled Eggs
YUM!  These were so easy and delicious...I could not stop eating them!  It would obviously work as a breakfast or brunch item, but sometimes we like to do breakfast for dinner - perfect!  Go {here} for this recipe! 
And I actually put things out on the table!  Usually, we serve buffet style, but it was nice to have it on the table with us for a change.  Maybe buffet style would've been better - those pinwheels were right in front of me calling my name :)

I think all 3 of these recipes will be made again in this house! Yum!  And I've already got next week planned out as well :) So stay tuned for more yumminess!  Happy Friday!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment