Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ringin' In The New Year

This is the first New Year's Eve without organized plans...and that was alright with us!  I was exhausted from fighting off a cold and it was cold and dreary outside.  So we ended up having the neighbors over to let the kids play and we watched some football.  We did Papa Murphy's pizza (which is always delicious) and the girls got to make their own!  That is always a hit!  Here they are watching their pizzas cook...
 And they actually cooperated for a quick picture!  
 And we wanted to get a picture of all 4 kiddos...it will be neat to see how much they change by the end of 2013!  Can you tell pizza was the feature dinner item? :)
 And of course, the traditional Brad and Ashley picture...we have a picture together from every New Year's Eve we have had together!  May have to do a separate blog post with pictures from years past!
 The girls did a good job sharing and playing with eachother!  Once they headed home, we did one self-portrait before getting the kids down for the night! Not too shabby!
And I was struggling to make it to midnight.  I had a couple drinks but opted to switch to hot chocolate instead :)  And I made it to midnight on the east coast!
 I did end up making it to midnight here...I was in my jammies in bed, said Happy New Year to Brad, gave him a quick smooch, and rolled over to go to sleep.  Quite the night, huh! Ha!

And...the best part...the kids slept until 10:15 this morning!!! I am hoping they've each made a resolution to sleep in, though I am not holding my breath on that one.  This was what our morning consisted of...
Not a bad way to start off 2013.  Happy New Year's!!


Photobucket

1 comment: