Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bump Watch: 38 Weeks

How far along: 38 weeks - last official belly picture!!
Size of baby: About 6.8 pounds and over 19.5 inches - the size of a leek!
Total weight gained: As of my appointment this past Thursday (the last time I will see my doctor until the operating room!!), I had gained a total of 27 pounds.  She did check me - still at 1/2 cm and 50% effaced...she also said he is "way up there" and that he is "measuring big" - should be interesting!  I can still wear my wedding rings - and my swelling is only noticeable at the end of the day which is great!  My blood pressure was 110/78 - I'm SO SO glad that hasn't been an issue this time!
Maternity clothes: Yes - and I'm having to be picky about those since a lot of shirts don't cover this big ole belly!
Gender: BOY!
Movement: Yes - it is like an earthquake when he moves around!  Sometimes it also seems like there are corners on my belly...probably where a heel, knee, or elbow is located.
What I Miss: Walking normally (the pregnancy waddle is just so not cute), not peeing in the middle of the night, a cold beer on a hot summer day...
Cravings: I'm really enjoying loaded baked potatoes and Baskin Robbins mint chocolate chip ice cream these days...and sprite with grenadine!
Aversions: Big meals - I get full so easily! 
Symptoms: My heartburn is MUCH better.  Maybe that means he is starting to drop just a little?  But I am getting up even more frequently to pee at night - like clockwork every 2 hours!  I also have a lot of discomfort in my pelvic area...I can do this though - only 5 more days!
Best moment of the week: I still love to hear Katie say Baby Jack in her prayers.  And we finished the nursery last night - a post with pics to come this week for sure!  The car seat is installed.  The bassinet next to our bed is ready.  The swing is assembled.  All that I need to do is pack my hospital bag (not to worry, everything I need is in the dryer so if something happens, I will dump it in a bag and go) and a bag for Jack (all of his stuff is in a laundry basket - just need to put it in a bag!).  Us taking Katie to Big Sister School was pretty special too - I can't believe this is the week!

Again, just for fun, here is a progression of pictures of me at 32, 34, 36, and 38 weeks!  WOW - just look at that belly!
And here is a comparison of me at 38 weeks with Katie versus 38 weeks with Jack!  I think the belly is definitely bigger - maybe I am carrying higher this time? Hm!
And some more cuteness...Katie wanted in on a belly picture.  And then she wanted her own picture taken with the sticker!  So cute :)



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment