Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Weekend Recap

 Well, it was our last weekend as a family of 3 - that just blows my mind!  We had a lazy morning on Saturday and then met my dad and brother for lunch!  When we got home, we headed outside and let Katie play with the water table - and Stella came out to play too! Katie had a blast...we spent over THREE HOURS out there!  And while she was playing, I sat and supervised while Brad did some yardwork - pulling weeds, trimming bushes, and putting out a couple of bags of mulch.  Things look MUCH better out there!

Katie decided that she wanted to sit in the water table to play - what a mess!
 This was when the flowerbeds were a work in progress. And it looks SO much better - it is nice to have all the weeds pulled and the bushes looking under control!
 And then we relaxed at home the rest of the day Saturday!  That night, after Katie went to bed, Brad and I finished the nursery and I am SO excited with how it looks.  Stay tuned for that post...probably Thursday!  Sunday morning, we lounged and went to IHOP for a family brunch!  Delicious!
 While we were waiting, Katie sat between us and linked her arms in ours.  It just made me so happy - I am definitely treasuring all the little moments with her these days! Here she is holding on to my arm.  I could have sat like that for forever!
 Not the best picture, but here we are at our table!  Our food was great!
The rest of the day was just relaxing - Brad and Katie lounged and watched a movie while I layed in bed and relaxed.  I can't seem to get comfortable anywhere else - I have to have like 8 pillows to prop me up!  That night, Brad and Katie went on a Daddy Date to Chuy's - they had a blast!  All in all, it was a good, relaxing weekend.  I am so thankful for my sweet little family.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment