Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Guest Book: A New Spin

This is a long overdue post, but I am just now getting around to doing it!  When I was pregnant with Jack, I saw an idea where you get a book that is either having to do with the theme of a birthday party or your child's current favorite and have guests at a birthday party sign it.  I do love that idea, but then I decided I wanted to do something similar but for when I was in the hospital having Jack.  I thought this book, God Gave Us You, was very appropriate, and I thought a smaller board book would be easier to have out at the hospital (and a good size to just throw in the hospital bag).
 I had the book and a Sharpie pen out for visitors to write a note to Jack in.  And I sure am glad I did this.  It also makes me really wish I had thought to do it when I had Katie.  Oh well :)  It is so neat to go back and read what people wrote to him.  And the message of the book is sweet as well.  Another thought is to leave it out once you get home and have visitors that stop by to meet the wee one or bring a meal sign it as well. 
I don't know whether to put this away in his "baby box" or to keep it out to read.  This copy may have to go into the baby box and then get a separate one to read to the kids.  Anyway, I thought this was a fun idea and wanted to share!  Oh, and I am pretty impressed that I remembered to have all but one of our visitors sign it!  And I got her to sign it not too long ago, so we are all set!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment