Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bump Watch: 16 Weeks

How far along: 16 weeks!
Size of baby: Avocado!  I love how all of the references are to food :)
Total weight gained: I am actually down 8  pounds from what I was when I found out I was pregnant! I will definitely take it!  I'm hoping it will mean less of a gain (as will eating fewer chocolate Hershey's eggs at Easter!)!
Maternity Clothes: As mentioned previously, I started with maternity jeans at 9 weeks.  And I typically am wearing maternity tops - sometimes I can get away with a t-shirt or regular shirt that is flowy.
Gender: We should know in early February - I cannot wait!  Most people are thinking a boy - I guess we will see soon enough!
Movement:  Eh, not really...every once in a while when I get in bed, I will feel a quick "tickle" or quick searing pain - I guess it could be the baby!  I am sure in the next couple of weeks that will start to kick in though (pun totally intended)!
Sleep: I find myself waking up when I roll from side to side.  Also, I know I'm supposed to sleep on my left side when I can, but the right side seems more comfy!  My back is already hurting when I sleep, too...NOT good!
What I miss: I sure do miss the occasional glass of wine or beer, etc.  Especially on occasions like New Year's when everybody is partaking!  I also miss sleeping the whole night without waking up!
Cravings: Nothing too major lately - the other day the Caribbean Salad at Chili's sounded delicious.  And last night the sweet potato fries were divine.  Oh, and Nutella.  I can't get enough.
Aversions: Most of the time, I get hungry, but nothing in particular sounds good!
Symptoms: I do feel like I am starting to look more pregnant.  I have also had at least one or two headaches each week - like the all-day, make-you-want-to-lay-down-and-sleep kind.  Yuck.  I definitely can tell my appetite is returning as I am getting hungrier more frequently.  And my energy level is back - I am so much more productive (though come 3:00 or 4:00 in the afternoon, a nice nap would be awesome)!
Best moment of the week: Katie loves showing off her new big bed to anyone and everyone that comes over, regardless of if they have seen it before or not.  Recently, she has started wanting to show people the "baby's room" too! I love that!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment