Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Just A Little Bedtime & Potty Update

So, you may have read my desperate cry request for help in regards to Katie taking like THREE HOURS to fall asleep at night.  I got some good advice and suggestions.  And I will admit - most of it I didn't want to hear.  Why, you ask? Well, because most mommas said that this is exactly what happened when their child was giving up naptime.  Whew....not cool.  I work when Katie naps.  Plus, momma needs just a little bit of a break!  But I thought about it for a few days, and it made total sense.  So, last Friday was the first day of the test.  There was no napping...we had quiet time together.  We layed in bed and watched Finding Nemo.  And she went straight to sleep that night.  And then we did quiet time again on Saturday.  And Sunday.  And Monday.  And she went straight to sleep at about 7:00 every night.  And slept til roughly 8:00 the next morning.  I certainly cannot complain about that.  We are still helping her understand the concept of quiet time - she thinks if she is under a blanket, we are asking her to sleep.  I also need to do better about getting her in her room by herself for an hour or so.  She can play.  Or read.  Or whatever.  Just in her room.  Maybe we will try that tomorrow.  But!  The good news is that, for now, she is sleeping all night in her bed!  I wonder if that will change at all over the next few months.  Or if it will change when baby comes.  Oh well...we will work with what we have going for now.

The second update is in regards to the potty training topic.  It seems we have for real turned a corner!  Last Thursday night I had to work and Katie had big girl panties on at home.  She and Brad went on a Daddy Date and she wanted to keep her panties on.  And she did.  With no accidents.  So Friday, when we were heading to the museum with friends, she wanted to wear big girl panties.  And she did.  With no accidents.  She has worn them all day Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  And she does fine in public (probably because I ask her every 10 minutes if she needs to go potty), but sometimes she forgets she doesn't have a Pull-Up on and starts to tinkle in her panties.  She catches herself and finished on the potty, but she has to change panties because she doesn't like to wear wet panties (can't say I blame her).  She even did great at church in big girl panties...and she wore them to school this morning!! Sunday - she was completely accident-free!! She is wearing a Pull-Up at night because she still wakes up wet, but I am a-okay with that!!

Whew!  Lots of big transitions going on in this household!  I am glad that we will only have one in diapers (at least come June) and am hoping Katie will have adjusted to her new routine with quiet time.  All of this makes for one very tired momma, but I know it is worth it in the end!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment