Friday, May 16, 2014

Bump Watch: 34 Weeks

How far along: 34 weeks!
Size of baby: A large cantaloupe (about 5.5 lbs) and 19-22 inches in length!
Total weight gained: I think I am just going to stop counting :) I think it is about 35-37 pounds or so!
Maternity clothes: Uh yes.  I've actually gone through the maternity goods and started a bin of things to sell/get rid of!  I'm also making sure I have good, comfy clothes to wear in the hospital and those first few weeks when I am exhausted and recovering!
Gender: Another wild boy :)
Movement: Um yes.  Aye aye aye.  He's crazy in there!  When I lay down, he thinks it is party time and my belly looks like there is an earthquake going on!
What I Miss: Exercising.  Crazy, right? I really do miss Tae Bo.  And I just bought a deal for 5 weeks unlimited of Pure Barre for once I am cleared by my doctor and can not wait to start!  I also miss a full night's sleep.  And I miss just jumping out of bed - I am to the stage that when I get out of bed, I have to hoist myself out and walk like I am 90 because my hips and lower back/hiney ache beyond belief!
Cravings: Sweets - but that is nothing new :)  I feel like the last week or so I haven't been as hungry.  That could have something to do with the heartburn.  Yuck.
Aversions: I'm still trying to steer clear of things that I think will have an impact on the heartburn.
Symptoms: As I mentioned before - the back pain and heartburn are the main ones.  My face is also having pigmentation issues - there are definitely spots that are darker on my forehead and cheeks.  I also find myself waddling more often now.  And I get more winded depending on how the little guy is positioned.
Best moment of the week: The other day when I was picking Katie up from school, one of her friends said, "Ms Ashley!  Your belly is getting full!" - ha!  Isn't that the truth?!  We are also so close to finishing up the nursery - I couldn't be more excited about that!  Brad moved the glider from Jack's room into the nursery last night, so it was the first night that Jack wasn't rocked.  And he did fairly well!  The true test for that will be naptime as he is definitely used to being rocked for that.  We rocked Katie up until about 18 months - and got rid of the pacifier not long after that.  With Jack, he is now 23 months and is just now easing into the no rocking phase and still has the pacifier when he sleeps.  Amazing how things change.  At this rate, Ryan will be rocked until Kindergarten! HA!  No - we won't do that.  Or at least I say we won't.  With him being our last, I may need to soak up as many snuggles as possible though :)  It is really neat to see the nursery coming together though!
 
Here is the comparison shot at 34 weeks.  I like that I look smaller now.  The bump is definitely smaller than it was with Jack.  Should be interesting to see how big Ryan is in comparison to how big Jack was when he was born!
 And here is the growth from 28 to 34 weeks with Ryan.  I've definitely grown in each picture - which is supposed to be how it is since there is a baby growing in there after all.
Hard to believe there are just three more pictures until I meet Ryan - 36 weeks, 38 weeks, and then the morning he is born (which happens to be 5 weeks from yesterday - eek!)!  Yay! 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment