Friday, May 30, 2014

Bump Watch: 36 Weeks

How far along: 36 weeks!
Size of baby: Watermelon baby, which means 19-22 inches and about 6.5 pounds!
Total weight gained: As of today, I am now going to a weekly appointment - which also means that the big day is getting closer!  I think I am just going to stop doing the math for weight gained.  I just look forward to being able to exercise again :)  My blood pressure was 107/76 and I was not dilated or effaced!  He is comfy in there!  Oh and the heart rate was about 140 beats per minute.
Maternity clothes: Are you kidding me?? Yes!  And even some of those aren't cutting it these days! I've been wearing medium maternity shirts, but I think I am going to have to dig out some of the larges so that they are long enough!  It is NOT cute to walk around and my shirt ride up and expose my belly button!
Gender: BOY!  Sweet Baby Ryan - I can't wait to snuggle this sweet boy!
Movement: Yes - my whole belly shifts and changes shape!
What I Miss: Exercising, being able to do anything quickly, being able to talk and walk without getting out of breath, sleeping through the night, having a cold beer on a hot summer day,...
Cravings: Nothing that I can really think of.  Although bubble gum (both Double Bubble and Super Bubble) is amazing right now.  And sometimes it can take the place of a snack :)
Aversions: Can't think of anything major here! 
Symptoms: Yes - I have all of them.  Heartburn, frequent urination, that "pregnancy waddle," and just discomfort.  Oh and the belly that changes shape all the time with his movement!  My belly button is also different this time - I think it sticks out more...but that also depends on what position Ryan is in.  I feel like I am getting a little puffy - in the face and then by the end of the day in the ankles!  I can definitely still wear my wedding rings, so that's a good sign!  And I certainly have the skin pigmentation issues - it isn't terribly noticeable but I definitely see it in the mirror!  And by midafternoon I am spent - when Jack naps, Katie and I get in my bed and watch a movie (also known as I take a nap and she watches a movie)!
Best moment of the week: Finishing the nursery!  It is so neat to see it all come together!  Katie loves to tell people all about Ryan and how the boys will be crazy.  It cracks me up!  And I also know it will be true! Oh and Jack decided to join me in the bathroom and gave my belly a kiss - it was so sweet and he was so proud!  Even this afternoon after his nap he wanted to snuggle with me - and he rubbed my belly and said "baby" and gave my belly a kiss! So sweet!  Of course I am not sure he gets it, but he is definitely noticing my belly more these days (who can miss it, honestly)!
And here is the comparison of me at 36 weeks with Katie, Jack, and Ryan.  I know part of it is because the pictures are cropped differently, but it definitely puts my shape into perspective.  I feel absolutely enormous, but compared to with the others, I don't think I am as big!
 And this shows the growth over the weeks with Ryan - so this is me at 28, 30, 32, 34, and then 36 weeks.
Hard to believe there is only one more bump update before the big day!  Exciting!

Photobucket
 

No comments:

Post a Comment