Saturday, July 7, 2012

Show Us Your Life: Bathrooms

It's bathroom tour time! I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner and her Show Us Your Life series again today.  This summer, she is featuring different elements of people's homes so that other readers be nosy get ideas!  Anyways, here we go - and I apologize for some clutter and dirty clothes.  It is real life after all!

Here is the Master Bathroom.  This is the view as you walk through the doorway.  We have a glass shower (and I agree - it is VERY hard to keep it clean!) and a nice, big tub.  And Brad and I each have our own separate vanity areas which is really nice!
 This is the view looking back towards the doorway.  I think it is time to do some laundry - what do you think? :) We have that baby thing in there so Jack has a place to hang out while we get ready, shower, etc.  Oh, and that doorway on the left is to the toilet area.
 I love this piece of art in our bathroom - we bought it in Hawaii on our honeymoon.  We saw it at a gallery in one of our hotels and I couldn't stop thinking about it.  I finally convinced Brad that we absolutely needed it in our home together, so we bought it and had it matted and framed once we returned.  I just love it.
 And this is the view of the shower and tub.
 My part of the vanity area is on the left here.  In that part on the right that is lower, I have my perfume - and then I have a makeup bench under the counter.  I never sit there to get ready.  Who really has time to do that??
 And Brad's vanity area there on there on the right!  Is it weird that we have a clock on the counter? I think it does come in handy when we are getting ready - we don't want to be late!
 And now time for the kids' bathroom!  When you walk into Katie's doorway, this is what you see straight ahead.  Katie's and Jack's room have a Jack and Jill bathroom - they each have their own sinks but they share a tub and toilet.
 Here is one view of Katie's vanity area...
 And then the other view...
 And here is Jack's vanity area.  Brad wants to paint the tub/toilet area with stripes that are the green and blue of the kids' rooms to tie it together.  Not a bad idea, eh?
 And here is the guest bathroom!
 The vanity area of the guest bathroom...I love that wedding picture and the candle.  And you may notice that I love Bath & Body Works hand soap.  I love all the different fragrances and I always stock up during their big sales (I actually just bought a ton a couple days ago since they were on sale for $3 each)!
 Last but not least, the half bath downstairs.  This is probably the most used bathroom as it is the only one downstairs - so obviously we use it, and then guests use it as well!  I love having that piece of furniture over the toilet for displaying things and storing extra toilet paper, etc.  I think it is the perfect size!
Thanks for stopping by! :) Have a super weekend!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I definitely think you should paint stripes in the kids' bathroom. It's a great way to tie the room together.

    And I think having a clock in the bathroom makes perfect sense for when you're getting ready and are trying to be on time.

    And just letting you know, I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE a blue bathroom! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of your Master Bath. What an awesome space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hung a clock in our bathroom so I don't think it's weird. Or maybe we're both weird...

    ReplyDelete