Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bump Watch: 34 Weeks

How far along: 34 weeks!
Size of baby: An average size cantaloupe (about 4.75 lbs) and almost 18 inches in length!
Total weight gained: I had an appointment this past week, and if I remember correctly, I am up about 19 pounds.  Not too shabby!  Oh, and my blood pressure was 114/74 - I'll take it!
Maternity clothes: Absolutely!  And I keep trying to wear a tshirt and it doesn't cover the belly!
Gender: Bouncing baby boy (literally!)
Movement: Yep!  And it isn't those cute little movements anymore - it is harsh, painful waves across the belly, or headbutting me from the inside, or using my ribs as monkey bars!
What I Miss: Plain old backpain - this pregnancy kind of backpain is awful!  And it really is like ribcage pain, backpain (all over), hip pain...no fun!
Cravings: I don't think there has been anything in particular recently!
Aversions: Can't think of anything here either.  I'm still trying to steer clear of things that I think will have an impact on the heartburn.
Symptoms: As I mentioned before - the back pain and heartburn are the main ones.  And I am getting up more frequently to use the bathroom.  I know this is preparation for those middle of the night feedings too :)  Oh, and I have this spot on my nose that gets MUCH darker when I am pregnant...I've definitely been noticing that and some other darker skin pigmentation on my cheeks lately!
Best moment of the week: We did some maternity/family pictures last night with a friend of ours and they turned out adorable!  I can't wait to do a post on them - here is a sneak peek though!  Katie was hugging us so hard that she was almost strangling us!  But it is so sweet...
And here is my belly progression since 28 weeks.  I love being able to look at these and see how much Jack and I have grown!  I feel like my belly is sticking out more and maybe a little higher up at this stage than it was 2 weeks ago.

 And for comparison's sake, here is me at 34 weeks with Katie in comparison with 34 weeks with Jack.  Again, I think I look healthier and just better this time around.  I am sure part of it is the fact that I don't have braces (definitely can't hurt, right??).  And chasing around a little wild woman all day keeps me a bit more active too!
We have also been working hard in the nursery, so we are hoping to be finished with that over the next week or so!  I can't wait to take pictures and do a fun post on that!  Stay tuned - and have a super weekend!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment