Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bump Watch: 36 Weeks

How far along: 36 weeks!
Size of baby: About the size of a crenshaw melon (um, excuse me, but what is that!) - about 6 pounds and 18.5 inches in length!
Total weight gained: I am into the weekly appointments now...so as of Thursday, I had gained 21 pounds.  I'll take it!  And my blood pressure was still in check at 107/78.  And I guess it kind of fits here since it is in regards to a doctor's appointment, but at this last visit, she checked me - I was 1/2 a cm dilated and 50% effaced. Should be interesting to see if anything progresses, though I definitely anticipate that I will just be sticking with my scheduled c-section!
Maternity clothes: Are you kidding me?? Yes!  And even some of those aren't cutting it these days!
Gender: BOY!
Movement: Yes - and my whole belly just waves around when he moves!
What I Miss: Being able to get out of bed without every joint screaming at me in pain...sleeping more than 2 hour stretches (because of getting up to pee)...walking normally....being able to sit with my legs together...
Cravings: None really - just food in general is nice :)
Aversions: Can't think of anything here either. 
Symptoms: Yes - I have all of them.  Heartburn, frequent urination, that "pregnancy waddle," and just discomfort.  Oh and the belly that changes shape all the time with his movement!  Also, I don't have the linea negra (ya know, that brown line that goes down your belly!), at least yet!  I wonder if it because the skin got so stretched with Katie.  Also, I am wondering if my belly button will "pop"...it is awfully close - I guess we will see!
Best moment of the week: Brad and I had a full 28 hours (but who's counting??) just the two of us (thanks, Grandma!)...it was pure bliss!  It was so nice to spend time together just the two of us.  And sleep in.  A post coming on that though!  Also, when tucking Katie in last night, she included Baby Jack in her prayers and commented that he will be here in 3 weeks - I wonder if she really understands that?? I like that she knows it will be happening soon!

Here is the progression of pictures of me at 30, 32, 34, and 36 weeks...the belly is definitely getting bigger...which means Jack is too!!  And I tried to wear a shirt I thought I hadn't work recently...oops.  I guess another symptom I have is "pregnancy brain!"  But my belly definitely looks different in the shirt!

 And for comparison's sake, here is me at 36 weeks with Katie vs 36 weeks with Jack.  I feel like I look much better this time around.  Less swollen, healthier, etc!
It's hard to believe I will only have one more belly shot other than the day of delivery!  Baby Jack will be here before we know it - I can't wait to meet him and snuggle him!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment