Saturday, March 10, 2012

Date Night

Last night, Brad and I finally got a date night!  It was sort of to celebrate Valentine's Day - but also just because it had been a long, long time since it happened!  We went to dinner at Bricktops - it was delicious!  Here we are in front of their big cork board.  It is not the best picture of either us - the hostess was really short and took it at a bad angle.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :)
 After dinner, we headed to Target to register for baby boy!  It was so different since we didn't need any of the big things - and we knew what was necessary and what wasn't.  We debated going to a movie, but it was fun registering just the two of us.  We sure do know how to live it up, huh!  Oh, and I must say, I felt pretty powerful with that magic Target gun!  I don't remember exactly how many items we registered for, but it was very reasonable.  And it included diapers and wipes and that kind of thing too.  Oh, and on this aisle, I registered for other kinds of bottles just in case baby boy doesn't care for Avent.  Hoping that isn't an issue - we have tons of Avent since that is what we used with Katie!
 Since we were registering, they gave me this little welcome package with some free products and coupons - so nice!  There was a $20 Shutterfly giftcard - awesome!  And some other neat things.
 And oh my word - you forget how TEENY newborn diapers are!! Just LOOK at this thing!!!
 And who can't go to Target without buying a bunch of crap too.  Well, we fit that category!  They were certainly glad we came in there!  I have been wanting a good, wireless printer for quite some time, and I knew this one was on sale this week.  Yay!  AND it is a 4-in-1 ... printer, scanner, copier, and fax.  I am sure the printing and copying capabilities will be the best! 
 And we got Katie a new booster seat!  I feel like she is almost too tall for her current car seat, so we got this bad boy.  It is for ages 3-10, or for 30-100 lbs.  She definitely qualifies for the weight restrictions and is close to the age one.  And if it works, we can get one for Brad's car too!  
 What else did we get, you ask?  Why this cute POLKA DOT UT dress for Katie for football season!  She has some cutesy Auburn things, but not enough UT - so this is perfect!
 Paint with water books!  Whenever I see these, I buy the entire stock.  They are amazing!  And Katie will especially love the Mickey ones.  I also thought that might be a fun activity for kids at her birthday party - have brushes out with pictures and water so they can do their own.
 She is loving Olivia books these days, and I can't help but encourage her reading and book-loving habits...so these two books made it into the cart too.  Maybe the Easter bunny will bring them?  Or maybe I'll save them as a reward for excellent behavior?  Or maybe even save them for if she is a wild woman and needs a distraction!  
 And a trip to Target is not complete without a stroll through the dollar spot - and we scored these two finds there!  I love the pink Easter hand towels - great for the half bath downstairs!  And then the little plush lion is so cute - Brad wanted to get it for baby boy.  So cute!
So all in all, it was a success!  So much fun - and glad we have pictures to document.  I am going to try my hardest to take lots of pics this pregnancy and of baby boy - I know it usually slows down after the first kiddo, but I don't want him to feel left out (thankfully, if I do slack off, he is a boy and boys typically don't care!).

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment