Thursday, March 29, 2012

Nursery Wall Progress

First of all, this post had the potential to be ridiculously long.  But thank goodness Picnik is still around so I could make several collages!

A couple weeks ago, we began Project Nursery.  This required a bit of work since that was kind of a crap room and also held all the bins of Katie's outgrown clothes.  I did take some before pictures, but this was actually after a couple rounds of going in there and organizing!!  Here are the before pictures (the bottom right one is actually the closet)...
The next step of this project was painting the walls!  We picked the lighter blue color that was in the bedding.  Here is Brad prepping and taping off to get the painting done!
 He actually painted while I was on my quick girls' trip to Atlanta, so when I returned, this was what the room looked like!  LOVE that blue!  And you will see momentarily that the bottom part of the wall is not staying like that....
That Saturday, we met our friends Cat and Tyler at Home Depot to buy some supplies and then headed home so they could get started on the day's project.  We most certainly could NOT have done this without their expertise (they did 2 rooms of beadboard/chair rail in their house) and their equipment!  Here is the prep - buying the supplies...measuring...cutting...
My job for the day?  Keeping Katie out of the way.  It was St. Patty's Day, so we headed out and ate lunch with my mom and ran some errands!  When we came home, major progress had been made!  The boys put the beadboard up and Cat painted a coat of primer on it.  That picture on the bottom right was right before their last step - putting the baseboards back on! 
I can't believe they finished such a big project in one day!  Everybody was tired by that evening (I think it was around 10 or 10:30 when they finally collapsed on the couch for a bit).  A couple beers (sweet tea for me) and some Cheez-Its were definitely needed at this point...after all, it was St. Patty's Day!
That Sunday afternoon, Brad painted the beadboard and chair rail to match the trim.  It looks so great!
Here are the after pictures - at least for the walls.  I can't wait to see what the room looks like once we have the furniture delivered and bedding set up and all of that!  I really think it will look great!  All but one piece of the furniture is in, so now I just need to set a delivery date so we can get it all set up.  And then I need to buy the letters of his name, the art I found on etsy, etc and it will be ready!
Thanks again to Cat and Tyler - you guys are great (and quite handy)!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment