Friday, March 16, 2012

Foodie Friday: Grilling Time!

All I have to say is that I am SUPER happy that the weather is nice enough to start grilling!  This was our first grilling of the season - and it was great!  I do enjoy cooking, but I also like being able to prep (AKA marinate some chicken and cut up veggies and marinate them as well) and let Brad do the grilling! Since the time change, we have played outside some at night - wears Katie out (especially since she also plays outside during the day)!  Our neighbors came over for dinner Tuesday night, and I decided grilling would be the best option. 

Here is the griller extraordinaire!
 And here is what we had!  A salad kid (delicious!), grilled chicken that had been in caribbean jerk marinade, grilled zucchini and squash that had some Dale's on it, and then some mashed potatoes that I had gotten (you just microwave them - easy peasy!  I think they were the brand Simply Potatoes).
I cleaned my plate and probably could've gone back for more.  But I saved some room for a little Klondike bar!  It's only 100 calories - the perfect size!

Can't wait to do more grilling through the spring and summer...we really need to remember that grilling is easy and fun!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment